Sunday, August 16, 2009

Zucchini Cakes

My friend Chrissy has recommended I try these out. With a glut of zucchini in the fridge, I decided to give it a go. They were good. Can be substituted as a vegetarian way to have crab cake taste or just a nice summer meal or side dish.

Zucchini Cakes
Adapted from All Recipes.Com

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
  • If frying ~~ I baked them. Instead of flour topped with panko & baked.
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
  2. Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour. (I topped with some panko instead of dredging in flour.)
  3. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides. Instead of frying, I baked at 400 for 12+ minutes.

No comments: