Monday, March 16, 2009

Pan-Seared Pork with Potatoes and Lemon

I am not sure where I got this recipe.  It was one of those little torn out recipes that lays around.  I am glad I found it.  A nice, different, easy weeknight meal.

Pan-Seared Pork with Potatoes and Lemon
2 TBSP. olive oil
1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
coarse salt and ground pepper
3 scallions, thinly sliced (I did have scallions so I used a sweet onion)
1 pork tenderloin - 1 lb (I used boneless pork loin chops, it's what I had)
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Directions
~ In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.  Add potatoes;  season with salt and pepper.  Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown;  8 to 10 minutes.  Add 1/2 cup water;  Cover and cook until potatoes are tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.  Add scallions;  Cook 1 minute.  Transfer mixture to a bowl, and keep warm.  (since I used some onion, rather than a scallion, I added it earlier)
~  Using a sharp knife, cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices.  Press pork slices between your hands to flatten evenly.  (I just pounded out my chops to be thinner and equal in size)
~In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.  Working in two batches, cook pork until browned, about 2 minutes per side, adding lemon slices in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
~  Serve pork with lemons and potatoes.  Top with chopped cilantro.







No comments: