Saturday, May 30, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese (or feta cheese)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and put the pasta on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, spread out, and set aside to cool.
Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Monday, May 4, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
2 (4oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
10 cloves garlic, peeled ( I used minced b/c that's what I had)
1 1/2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
5 TBSP chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
Season chicken with salt and pepper. (I also pounded it out a bit). In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes - turning half way. Add 4 TBSP. broth & wine ( or additional broth), lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.