Friday, May 1, 2009

Garlic Chicken

This is a recipe from allrecipes.com. It was OK. But did serve to be a nice, easy quick weeknight meal. I can't say enough about having recipes like that. I did saute some zucchini and carrots which turned out good. Next time I make this I would double the sauce.

Garlic Chicken

Ingredients
2 (4oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
10 cloves garlic, peeled ( I used minced b/c that's what I had)
1 1/2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
5 TBSP chicken broth, divided
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch

Directions
Season chicken with salt and pepper. (I also pounded it out a bit). In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes - turning half way. Add 4 TBSP. broth & wine ( or additional broth), lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.

No comments: