Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peppermint Bark


I have always wanted to try to make Peppermint Bark. I knew it was easy but for some reason it always intimidated me. Well, I was intimidated for no reason ~ it was easy. And really yummy. I'll probably make every Christmas as it looks really festive ~ and tastes great too. Thanks Browneyed Baker for the recipe ~ and for some tips from my cousin Heather!

Peppermint Bark
Source: Browneyedbaker

Ingredients
1 lb dark chocolate - (1/2 semisweet & 1/2 bittersweet)
1 lb. white chocolate
6 oz. (1 regular package) candy canes, crushed

Directions
1. Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread (with an offset spatula) in an even layer on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Place in freezer to harden, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler until smooth. Spread (with an offset spatula) on top of the dark chocolate layer. Working quickly before the white chocolate set, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and gently press into the chocolate. Refrigerate until completely hard and set, at least 2 hours.
3. Break into pieces! (I used my meat mallet)

No comments: