Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mimi's Breakfast Casserole

I always like to make a breakfast casserole to have for Christmas morning.  The one I had been making was a bit complicated.  I ran across this one randomly on the internet.  Not sure who Mimi's is but I liked the casserole.  Very simple to make.  Pretty good.  I'd make it again.
Serves 4



Ingredients
4 slices of bread with crusts removed
2-3 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2-3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup skim milk
1.5 - 2 oz crumbled bacon pieces

Directions
Spray a 9X9 baking dish with nonstick spray.  Cover the bottom of the dish with the bread slices
Spread the cheeses evenly over the bread.
Mix the eggs and the milk well.
Pour slowly and evenly over the bread and cheese.
Sprinkle the bacon pieces evenly over the top.
Refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until cooked through and fluffy.

No comments: