Saturday, November 15, 2008

Apple Crisp

One of my favorite things to make in the fall. Like apple pie without the crust.

Ingredients:
10 cups all purpose apples, peeled, cored & sliced
(I used rome & green granny smith - 10 apples)
1 cup white sugar
1 TBSP flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup water (I omitted this)
1 cup quick cooking oats (regular works if you have it)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar (don't be afraid to try Splenda brown sugar)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.
Place sliced apples in a 9X13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tbsp flour & ground cinnamon together, sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all. I omitted the water & it turned out fine.

Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda & melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.

Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

This turned out delicious! I served with some frozen yogurt. Truly, I couldn't stop eating it!

No comments: