Friday, November 7, 2008

Spicy Peanut Penne with Chicken

My 1st attempt at blogging a recipe. I dug this up from an awesome blog that I must admit I can't find again to give credit. If this is yours - shout out - please! Looking for some quick weeknight meals & this caught my eye -

Cook 1 lb of penne pasta - I used wheat & it turned out well.

Cut up 2 chicken breasts in bite sized pieces.
Season with salt & pepper.

Add chicken to frying pan, cook through.
About 1/2 way through add 1/2 of a small onion.
Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, add:
1/4 - 1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 garlic cloves
Juice of one lime
1 tsp cilantro ( I didn't have on hand, so it was omitted)
3-5 fresh chives, chopped
Put this mixture aside.

Whisk 2/3 cup skim milk & 1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch.
Put over medium low heat - 5 minutes, until thick.
Take off of heat & add to the peanut butter mixture.

Drain pasta.
In a bowl - add pasta, peanut butter sauce & chicken.

This turned out really well - will definetly make into my regular rotation.

No comments: