Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Buffalo Chicken & Dip

Another Rachel Ray ~~ True confession on this project this evening - I accidently knocked 1/2 a sauce pan off of the stove & STILL finished this meal in 30 minutes or less... including clean up!! Beat that Rachel! Never mind the smell of hotsauce bound to fill our home for .... hmmm, days.

So - this quick little number served it's purpose of something good & easy. I served with some frozen fries. Could probably also be used as the chicken for a buffalo chicken salad.

Ingredients:
1 lb, skinless, boneless chicken breat, cut into 4 by 12 inch strips
Salt and pepper
4 TBSP butter
5 TBSP hot pepper sauce, I used Frank's Red Hot
1 TBSP white wine or cider vinegar

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 oz. blue cheese, about 1/4 cup ( I just threw in come crumbles)

Preheat broiler. Season chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the hot pepper sauce and vinegar. On a broiler pan or baking sheet, toss the chicken strips with half the hot sauce mixture. Broil the chicken, turning once, until tender and just golden. I did 5 minutes on each side - Rachel recommends 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken; set aside.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream and worcestershire sauce. I used light versions of mayo & sour cream. Stir in the blue cheese.

Serve with chicken & celery sticks.

1 comment:

EJacks said...

Yum - I love buffalo chicken dip. I'll have to try out your recipe. :)