Sunday, August 23, 2009

White Peach Sangria Recipe

Who doesn't love Sangria in the summer?? This recipe was a hit at a party we had this past weekend. It was gone way too early into the evening. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com & tweaked it a bit. I also made the batch much bigger!

White Peach Sangria

Ingredients
  • 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry white wine ~~ I used the equivalent of 8 bottles of wine, Pinot Grigio ~ 1.5 liter bottles of Cavit
  • 3/4 cup peach flavored vodka ~ I substituted mostly brandy & a bit of peach schnapps ~ I used about 6 cups
  • 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed ~ used about 3 cups
  • 1/4 cup white sugar ~ about 2 cups, used Splenda
A big bag of frozen fruit ~ I used a mix from Costco of peaches, strawberries, honeydew

Directions
  1. In a large pitcher, combine wine, alcohol, lemonade concentrate and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add frozen fruit.
  2. Refrigerate sangria until well chilled, at least 2 hours, or overnight to blend flavors. Serve over ice.
  3. Some people liked it just as it ~ others added some fresca to theirs.