Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Food: Perfectly Basic Pear



As time permits I am going to try to make baby food. It's really pretty easy. I really like knowing what goes into the baby food. We'll see how long I can keep it up. This is my second type - I've made sweet potato as well. For to-be or new mom's give it a try.

Perfectly Basic Pear Baby Food
Source: Baby Love: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for your Baby & Toddler

5 Pears
6 oz. water or apple juice

Wash & peel fruit
Cut each pear in half
Remove the seeds & stem
Cut each half into 6 pieces
Put the pear and the water or juice into a 4qt pot
Turn the burner on high and cover with a lid
Cook for approximately 8 minutes, stirring once
Pour everything into the blender. Puree until smooth.
Pour into two ice cube trays and allow to cool
Wrap & freeze.

Once frozen, I pop the cubes out into a freezer bag labeled with the type of food.

I'll thaw in the microwave at 30% power or in a baggie in warm water.

1 comment:

MV said...

I love this idea!