Sunday, January 16, 2011

Butterscotch Oatmeal M&M Cookies


So - what could be wrong with all of that?? Butterscotch. Oatmeal. M&M's. From following Picky Palate Blog - I had to get a muffin top pan. As soon as I got it I ran into this recipe. Of course I had to try it! It didn't disappoint. It has oatmeal... it's healthy... right?!?



Butterscotch Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Source: Picky Palate

Ingredients
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons butterscotch ice cream topping
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 Cups oatmeal, I used Coach’s Oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
1 Cup M&M’s

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In stand mixer beat butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in eggs, vanilla and butterscotch topping until well combined.
2. In large bowl mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined.
3. Scoop about 1/4 Cup dough into muffin top pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten with palm of your hand then top with 5-7 M&M’s per cookie. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cooked through and golden around edges. Remove from oven and loosen edges of cookies while warm so they will be easy to remove. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
24 Large cookies
Notes: I found that I had to cook them a little bit longer to have them done. Also my batch only made about 12 - 15 cookies. I may have put too much in each spot causing both problems.

No comments: