Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hot Chocolate Mix


I always prefer things homemade than store bought. Hot chocolate is no exception. I've done things very simply in the past like just use Splenda & Hershey's Cocoa. A friend (Thanks D!) gave me a sample of this at Christmas! It is delicious! I knew I wanted to share it with friends. It got rave reviews by all. I can't wait for another snow day to go out - get nice & cold & come in to a big mug of this!



Hot Chocolate Mix
Source: Brown Eyed Baker

Yield: About 20 servings

Prep Time: 10 minutes

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1½ cups cocoa powder (Dutch-processed preferred, but regular okay)
1½ cups white chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate)
¼ teaspoon salt

1. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

2. To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or miniature marshmallows or maybe even some Peppermint Schnapps or Rumpleminze.

I mixed up about 10 cup worth in the crockpot on low & then let it warm in there most of the day.

No comments: