Friday, January 16, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

I found this recipe from Kelly Cooks... and Other Amazing Feats. Genius. I am always looking for a way to get my husband to eat more spinach. This does it in a very unique way - wraps it in bacon! This was really good and will definitely fit into our normal schedule. An easy weeknight meal that's also very tasty.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I had 3 in my package)
salt & pepper
4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
2 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
9 slices of bacon - 3 slices on each breast
Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
  • Cut a slice in the thickest part of the chicken breast, making a pocket in the breast to stuff
  • Combine the softened cream cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper to taste, and stuff into the pocket in each chicken breast.
  • Wrap each chicken breast tightly with the slices of bacon.
  • Place the chicken breasts in a roaster pan with a drip tray (I used a nonstick cookie sheet and it worked fine).
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and chicken is firm to the touch.

No comments: