Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crock Pot Monterey Spaghetti

I have no idea where I dug up this recipe. I made it once for some friends and it got requested again. That's a good sign. It'd make a good dinner with a salad or a good side dish.
Crock Pot Monterey Spaghetti

Ingredients

4 oz. spaghetti, broken into pieces (I cooked about 1/4 box a whole wheat spaghetti)

1 egg

1 cup sour cream

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/8 tsp. crushed garlic

3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese

1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained (I ran warm water over the spinach. After thawed rolled it into a tea towel wringing out the water)

1/2 (6oz.) can french fried onions

Directions

In a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.

In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic. After beating the egg in a small bowl, transfer to the large bowl and blend together. Transfer to a greased crock pot.

Mix cooked & drained spaghetti, 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese, thawed spinach and half of the french fried onions and add to the crock pot. Stir contents of the crock pot until just blended. (I did all of this the night before.)

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. (I was going to be gone for 10 hours so I set my crock pot to low.)

In last 30 minutes of cooking, turn to high if cooking on low. Add remaining grated monterey jack cheese and french fried onions to the top of the casserole. Serve when the cheese is melted.

1 comment:

EJacks said...

Mmmm... this sounds so good! I'll have to give this one a try. :)