Monday, January 12, 2009

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

I am trying to find some crock pot meals to add to my repertoire to be able to have dinner ready when I get home from work. This is a Sparkpeople.com - so it's healthy too. Plus salsa is by far my favorite condiment. We served this over rice today. I could also see it wrapped up in a tortilla or even used to make chicken nachos.

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Serves 4-6.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Pour salsa and soup over chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve with rice. I shredded the chicken - it fell right apart.

No comments: