Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Almond Chicken Salad


Simple chicken salad is something I really enjoy. We had bought some chicken breasts recently that we had in the fridge. We didn't use them right away and I got nervous of freezing them now. So I roasted them with salt & pepper. I shredded them and placed the meat in a freezer bag. A late work night ~ I remembered the chicken & whipped this together. A great dinner & leftovers for lunch!

Almond Chicken Salad
Source: Paula Deen Food Network

Ingredients
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups diced chicken
1 cup finely diced celery
1/3 cup slivered almonds
(I added craisins!)

Directions
Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt and blend well. Toss with chicken, celery and almonds. Serve on bread or crisp lettuce.

No comments: