Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies



A cookie recipe that requires no more than a bowl and a mixing spoon to prepare?! What could be easier? And the use of oatmeal and whole wheat flour make this one of my go-to cookie recipes.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cream by hand:
2 very soft sticks of butter (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter baking)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar

Add 2 eggs and blend.

Add 2 1/2 cups quick oats

Then add:
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat flour - I like the King Arthur brand)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

2 cups chocolate chips

Bake 350 for about 10 minutes.
Do not over bake.
Cool on a cooking rack.

1 comment:

KAF Customer Service said...

Love the 1 bowl method! Glad you are liking the White Whole Wheat. Frank @ KAF, baker/blogger.