Monday, January 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Noodles


Thai/Asian food at home. Trying to get some more of these types thing in my recipe box. I found this recipe from All Recipes.Com. Made a couple alterations to make it more of a meal.

Peanut Noodles
Source: allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root (I had jarred ginger)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons hot chile paste (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces Udon noodles (can substitute spaghetti)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

I added a red pepper & 1 lb. chicken breast

Directions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.

Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.

I cut 1 lb. chicken breast in bite size pieces & a red pepper. I sauteed them in peanut oil. Adding them to the sauce/noodles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definately making this!!

Molly P. said...

Ooh, that looks good! I love this dish.