Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Satay Skewers

In my haste to prepare for guests ~ I forgot to take pics ~ but, throughout an evening, they were all gone. I figured that was testimony enough to blog this recipe. Works great for an appetizer but would also work well for a dinner with some accompaniments.

Chicken Satay Skewers
Source: Everyday Food Martha Stewart

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 6-8oz. each, thinly sliced lenthwise
(I used way more chicken - maybe 1 1/2 pounds or so & doubled both sauces)
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Course salt & ground pepper
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 TBSP rice vinegar
Vegetable oil, for pan

Directions
1. In a bowl, toss chicken with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes. Season with salt & pepper. (I let sit for a hour or so - only because I had the time). Thread each chicken strip lengthwise onto a skewer.

2. Make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes and 2 to 3 tsp. water.

3. Heat grill pan over high. Work in batches, brush pan with oil, and cook chicken until opaque throughout. It took about 8 minutes or so all together - flipping the skewers.

4. Serve skewers with dipping sauce.

2 comments:

stace said...

I can attest to the deliciousness of this chicken as I ate two skewers of it! Thanks for posting the recipe so that I can make it now :)

Molly P. said...

Yup, those didn't last long. SO good. Yum!